Saturday, January 13, 2007

Feminine Energy Spirit

garden-of-bliss.jpg



Feminine Energy Spirit



It is a natural part of spiritual development to have periods of activity and growth followed by periods of relative quiet. Sometimes I need to rest in order to integrate a new vision of the world, or of myself, taking time to assimilate new realizations and to let old patterns and habits fall away. The purpose of times like these are to stabilize my new growth. While it may appear that nothing is happening, these can be necessary periods of rest and integration..

Ingestion of Ayahuasca usually induces altered states of awareness that have assisted me with my spiritual development. Ayahuasca "vine of the soul," refers to this freeing of the spirit.
There is a Zen expression: Practice as if your hair were on fire. What this is meant to inspire is the sense that there is no good time not to be on one’s spiritual path.

The plants involved with the brew are called plants of the gods, for their power is claimed to have supernatural forces residing in their tissues, and they have been divine gifts to the earliest of Indigenous cultures.


The shaman may use Ayahuasca as a tool to diagnose illness or to ward off impending disaster even to tell prophesies of the future, but it is more than a shaman's tool. Entering into almost all aspects of indigenous life, the people who use it and to that extent it can hardly be called a drug, it’s more of a blessing from the natural world.


I challenge myself to always be awake in my life, and to keep showing up in the moment. If a need to rest arises, I rest in the moment. But when I start stagnating-numbing out, escaping, or being unconscious-it is up to me to acknowledge it for myself. Ayahuasca has been a divine channel to keep me awake and in the moment. Fully alive and embracing life to its fullest.

This is not to say I have not experienced stagnation settling in just before an important breakthrough. It may be a symptom of my fear, one last wall thrown up by my small self in order to protect me from a life-changing realization. Sometimes when I explore the stagnation, I find I can move beyond it. I have compassion for myself as I work to remove the obstacles that block my progress.

The Ayahuasca tea is employed for prophecy, divination, sorcery, and medicinal purposes, it is deeply rooted in native mythology and philosophy and there can be no doubt of its great age as a part of a sustainable village belief system for connecting with Spirit. I have had profound interaction while under the guidance of this teacher plant.

Jungle brews are magic intoxicants that the Indians of South America believe can free the soul from corporeal confinement, allowing it to wander free and return to the body at will. The soul, thus uninhibited, liberates its owner from the realities of everyday life and introduces her to wonderous realms of what she considers reality and permits her to communicate with her ancestors or angels in this dreamtime. I have at times felt blessed to be so aware of Spirit while being held with unconditional love.


Subscribe in NewsGator Online



www.concentricrings.org
banner-art-logo-color-version.gif

1 comment:

Wavefront said...

"I need to rest in order to integrate a new vision of the world, or of myself, taking time to assimilate new realizations and to let old patterns and habits fall away"

Letting old patterns and habits fall away seems to be what has been happening to me as well. It's been said that Enlightenment is not a state one acquires like an add-on (as the ego strives for) but rather a removal of that which is blocking the awareness of who we really are. Just as when the clouds go away it reveals the sun that was there all along.

I have felt my reactions to things (trivial things like dropping something) that use to annoy me or make me mad that I use to try and fight now just don't seem to pop up in my consciousness as intensely with the underlying thought "That shouldn't happen". I don't know if that makes any sense. Probably a testosterone thing.

I am also interested in the concept of Aya helping one to disconnect from this heavy corporeal mess that I seem to be mired in and set free to roam the Universes or other dreams.

I have read about NDE's and OBE's where people have gone to wondrous places. I must admit that that is one of the major factors that entered into the decision to go to Brazil. I was really hoping to have a similar adventure/experience.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who has had a NDE to see if there was the same feeling of "Oh, I'm home" or "Oh, I remember this" after being freed from the body.

Haven't heard from Kelly or Justin! Slackers!!! LOL :)

John