Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Walking on Water: what's your dream?









Part of the allure of ayahuasca is its power to put the user in direct contact with the spirit world.

For most tribal people, the risk was not so much one of dying but of not living properly. It was the quality of your time on Earth, not the quantity, that was important to them. As a modern culture we have forgotten this part of the dream. Our relationship to the natural world and the natural world’s to us.

An objective, if you will, is to change your dream, your way of thinking about this reality. Not just through talking about it like we are doing here, but to feel it deep inside ourselves with such intensity that it will forever change our dreams. Being aware of our unity with all living things; animals, plants, minerals, mountains, air, water.

Becoming attuned to every single thing, to the sacredness that surrounds and inhabits us. The concept of We Are All One. In having said that, consider your relationship with water John.

Can one come to an understanding within this relationship that both parties agree to? Shifting our dream of reality about “what is water” and our relationship to it.

Finding a deeper relationship to the reality of water and to ourselves. If so then you may very well find yourself walking on water due to that agreement. Remember what we learned in What the Bleep about water!


Subscribe in NewsGator Online





www.concentricrings.org
banner-art-logo-color-version.gif




2 comments:

Wavefront said...

Bethany, You certainly have my number. It seems clear that one of the challenges for this life time is to get out of my head and become that which we talk about. To KNOW instead of to know about.

Even the word "about" suggests that we are dancing around but refusing to enter.

I once asked the Universe/God what is the deal with the so called "Veil" anyway. Why can't I talk to people in the spirit world. My answer came some months later when Dr. Hawkins said "Nothing is Hidden only IGNORED"

I'm starting to learn as we did in What the Bleep that there is only a seriously tiny portion of input that I am paying attention to. That it is me not the universe that has cut me off. (Who or What ever me is)

Aya was my hope to blast myself out of my head. To shatter the 3D reality that we all believe in. Alas, after six times I only seemed to go further into thought. Did I REALLY want to get blasted out or was I not brave enough to really want it and the universe honored my free will knowing my true desires more than I do on a conscious level.

To consider my relationship with Water? To feel my connection intensely? I'm afraid I don't know how to have a RELATIONSHIP with water. I don't know where to start. Or have I forgotten? I know I am drawn to it. I think it is beautiful and mesmerizing to watch the light and dark patterns on the bottom of a pool. I want to design Architecture with it.

OH, this just came to mind while writing this. When we were at the Monterey Aquarium I looked up through the glass about 20 feet below the surface just watching the long sea grass sway back and forth with the surf. I decided to try and relax and breath in time with the swaying water. Even though it was a zoo that day with all the kids it just made it that much more surreal. or MORE REAL? All that busyness around me and in the midst of it all the surf just sways in its steady hypnotical way. Am I falling deeper asleep or just waking up. Does it even matter which way? OMG these are the kind to thoughts I was having on Aya!!!

Bethany I was going to ask you to teach me how to have a relationship with water but I think I just found the way.

I should like to have a conversation with a water molecule and ask it if it looses its Identity when it joins the sea since becoming one with all frightens me more than anything!

This whole business of letting go of the ego, the personal self and becoming one with "All That Is" is not just spooky it's down right terrifying. Let's be honest and just lay it out on the table. I don't know if I could really let it all go. Could I let everything I know and remember dissolve into oblivion? never to be remembered again? Why did I suffer so then? What was it all for? Is everything I've accomplished for not? Is it worth nothing? Was it all really a mistake as the Course in Miracles suggests? Justin?

I think we are past the relatively quant notion of walking on water Glorious as that would be from my vantage point in the workaday world! Did we go too far down the rabbit hole? Is anyone prepared to talk about this stuff? Sorry for taking the romance out of the dream and cutting to the chase but that’s where it is for me. AND, I believe it REQUIRES just exactly that and no less to walk on WATER!

velvetfont said...

John, you are deep into it. And the answers will come. Be patient. One can only eat an elephant one bit at a time! My advice to you is to chew slowly.

And just a side note: J.C. where are you sweetie? Jump in here with John and Me.